Transformational adaptation (TA) is essential to reduce climate-related impacts on people, the economy and the planet. The EU-funded TransformAr project will create products and services to introduce large-scale and disruptive adaptive TA processes in vulnerable regions and communities across Europe.
Relying on existing successful initiatives, the project will address water-related risks and impacts of climate change through six TransformAr lighthouse demonstrator regions and communities that will test solutions.
Transformational pathways are deemed essential for climate and social resilience to achieve rapid and far-reaching TA. Gathering 22 partners from 11 countries, the project’s findings will contribute to the EU’s strategy on climate change adaptation.
- Coordinator: Jan Cools & Steven Van Passel
- Team UAntwerpen: Tine Compernolle, Tom Coppens, Amalie Bjørnåvold, Maarten Collin, Jonathan De Soete, Safira Perez De La Sala Gonzalez
- External partners: 22 partners in total
- Duration: 2021-2025
- Financing: This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement n°101036683.
- More info: https://www.linkedin.com/company/transformargreendeal/?viewAsMember=true