If you are employed in Belgium, taxes will be deducted from your monthly salary. The percentage depends on your family situation and civil status. That means it is really important you inform your HR officer in the HR Department of any changes regarding your family situation or civil status during your employment.

You can find more information about Belgian taxation on the intranet of the International Staff Office. On the website of The Federal Public Service – Finance, you can also find further information (only available in Dutch).

Are you employed by the University of Antwerp and also working in a country other than Belgium? Inform your dedicated HR officer or the International Staff Office to receive advice about where you need to pay taxes on the income you receive from the University of Antwerp.