Residence permit

Upon arrival in Belgium, you must register with the Population Register (Immigration Affairs) in your place of residence within eight days.

If you are employed by the University as a foreign PhD student you can apply for a residence permit from the Immigration Office through the International Relations Office. The International Relations Office can help you with the application through a shorter procedure.

If you are employed with a contract, an agreement or as an tenured employee, your HR officer at the Human Resources Department will inform you about the shorter procedure. You can find the necessary information for the procedure below.


International Staff Office Campus Middelheim - building C
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerp
Tel. +32 (0)3 265 31 49