ADS courses & activities are free of charge for PhD students enrolled in the doctoral study programme at the University of Antwerp.
Due to the vast number of PhD students and the limited number of course places, the registration and selection procedure below was agreed upon in consultation with our PhD students:
1. You can enrol in a course as soon as it is available on Blackboard.
2. Course places are limited. We work on a 'first come, first served' basis.
2. One month before the start of the course, participants receive a reminder via email (student account!).
4. If the course is fully booked but you still wish to participate, you can join the waiting list for the course you are interested in.
5. When there are enough PhD students on the waiting list, ADS will organise an additional course.
Cancellation and absences are only allowed:
- In case of illness (doctor's note required)
- If you inform ADS (email@example.com) no later than 3 weeks before the start of the course/activity.
Sanctions for late cancellation (less than 3 weeks before the start of the course/activity) and notification of absence:
- The first time, we will charge you for the course/activity by deducting it from your training credit.
- The second time, we will also inform your supervisor of your absence.
- The third time, we will cancel your training credit and inform your supervisor of this.
Absence and cancellation of a last-minute registration (three weeks before the start of the course/activity) is only possible if you have a doctor's note.
Attendance and participation
Participants are expected to attend all course/activity sessions and to arrive on time. If you have not attended enough sessions (absent for more than one class), ADS will charge you for the course/activity.
The success of the courses depends on the personal contributions made by each participant. We therefore expect you to have a positive attitude and to play an active role. Remarks about the courses/activities can always be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or the lecturer during or after the course/activity.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation, also on behalf of your colleagues.