With great pleasure, we invite you to celebrate with us the ten-year jubilee of the BNP Paribas Fortis Chair in Transport, Logistics and Ports. We welcome you on Thursday 30 September 2021 from 16.00 to 18.00 h. in the beautiful office of BNP Paribas Fortis located on the Meir in Antwerp.
In recent years, the maritime and port sector seem to have embraced more innovations. In many cases, this is because the innovation process is encouraged by more stringent regulation, growing sustainable awareness and a wave of more mature technological innovation. Innovation and integration are forcing industries and companies in the maritime ecosystem to transform themselves. Clearly, the pace is now starting to accelerate. A lot of challenges will be discussed in this celebration event.
What can you expect? ·
- Welcome by Max Jadot, CEO BNP Paribas Fortis and prof. Herman Van Goethem, Rector University of Antwerp ·
- Video testimonial by Hilde Crevits, Flemish Minister of Economy, Innovation, Work, Social Economy and Agriculture ·
- 10 years of port co-innovation: how will the future maritime ecosystem look like? by prof. Christa Sys and prof. Thierry Vanelslander, University of Antwerp ·
- Looking ahead to the future
- Expert panel discussions on demographic evolution, sustainability and digitalisation by speakers from the maritime industry, the academic world and the bank.
- Video testimonial by Annick De Ridder, Antwerp alderman for port, urban development, spatial planning and patrimony
- Closing word by Didier Beauvois, Head of Corporate Banking BNP Paribas Fortis
We will close the afternoon with a festive reception during which you will have the opportunity to network.
Background information (links)