Attendance and participation
The Antwerp Doctoral School (ADS) expects participants to attend all sessions of the course/activity and to arrive on time. Only with active and full participation in a course/activity, credits for the doctoral study programme are awarded for this course/activity. The success of the courses depends on the personal contributions made by each participant. We therefore expect you to have a positive attitude and to play an active role.
Remarks about the courses/activities can always be sent to the ADS via email@example.com or the lecturer.
Participation in the courses organized by the ADS, will be registered in SisA and are automatically included in your progress report on the doctoral study programme.
Cancellation of enrolment in an ADS course
You can ask the Antwerp Doctoral School (firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel your registration for a course at the latest 2 weeks before the start of the course/activity. You will then be unsubscribed from the course and your spot will be given to someone on the waiting list. You can, later on, re-enrol for a future edition of this course.
Absence due to illness or force majeure
It is, of course, possible that you will not be able to attend a course due to illness or circumstances beyond your control.
- In case of illness, please notify the ADS (email@example.com) as soon as possible and provide a doctor's certificate.
- In case of force majeure, please notify the ADS (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the start of the class (if possible) and state the reason for your absence.
Sanctions for late cancellation (< 2 weeks prior to start) or absence from a course/activity without notice and serious reason
- The 1st time, we will charge you a no-show fee of € 100 on your educational credit.
- The 2nd time, we will also inform your supervisor of your absence.
- The 3rd time, we will cancel your educational credit and inform your supervisor of this.