With a timely and smooth follow-up of the administrative requirements in the PhD trajectory, you can ensure the prompt availability of your diploma after your successful PhD defence.
Postdoctoral researchers can receive career advice and further training at the Talent Center.
1. Award of the diploma
If the following conditions are met, your diploma file will be available soon after your successful public PhD defence:
- you have completed the doctoral study programme on time;
- you have announced your public PhD defence at least 3 weeks beforehand and provided all necessary information (see Preparing the defence, step 6);
- you have submitted the final version of your thesis to the UAntwerp Library on time, on paper as well as digitally;
- you have paid the tuition fee (if applicable).
If any of the above-mentioned conditions are not met, or in case of a joint PhD, it will take more time to prepare your diploma file.
You will be notified via email as soon as your diploma file is ready. For more information, contact Tine Leonard.
The diploma file consists of:
- the diploma;
- the diploma supplement;
- a general explanation regarding the Flemish higher education system;
- the certificate of the doctoral study programme (except in case of an exemption);
- the certificate supplement of the doctoral study programme (this is drawn up by the Antwerp Doctoral School - except in case of an exemption).
More information on the diploma can be found here.
2. Talent Center for early-career researchers
The University of Antwerp is an engaged employer for all its employees, irrespective of the duration of their contract. Based on an HR policy that is grounded on motivating its employees, the university aims to invest in lifelong employability. This mission forms the basis of the Talent Center (HR Department), which aims to encourage and support early-career researchers in a pro-active management of their (future) career. For this purpose, the Talent Center organizes career counseling, training and networking initiatives that focus on career development and are tailor-made to early-career researchers.
More information can be found on the Talent Center website.
Campus Middelheim - building C
Career coach academic staff
3. Jobs for postdoctoral researchers
Jobsites of dutch speaking universities in Belgium
- University of Antwerp
- University of Leuven
- University of Hasselt
- University of Ghent
- University of Brussels (Dutch-speaking)
Jobsites of french speaking universities in Belgium
- University of Brussels (French-speaking)
- University of Louvain-la-Neuve
- University of Liège
- University of Namur
- University of Mons
Jobsites dutch speaking university colleges in Belgium
- Karel de Grote Hogeschool
- AP Hogeschool
- Thomas More
- Artevelde Hogeschool
- Erasmus Hogeschool Brussel
- Hogeschool PXL