Would you like to learn Dutch in one academic year so that you can then enrol for a Dutch-language study programme in higher education? On this page you will find all the information about the Prep Year at Linguapolis: from the programme’s contents to submitting your application.
Application for academic year 2023-2024 are closed.
The Prep Year is a full-time programme that entitles you to a student visa for those who want to enrol for a Dutch-language study programme at a higher education institution in Belgium. You will learn Dutch from the absolute beginner level up to level 5.
- You will attend classes for 15 hours a week during the day, Monday to Friday
- You need to schedule sufficient time for self-study
- You will also follow courses on Culture of the Low Countries, Academic Skills and Phonetics
If you pass the final exam, the Interuniversitaire Taaltest Nederlands voor Anderstaligen (ITNA, Interuniversity Language Test: Dutch as a Foreign Language), you can enrol for a study programme at a higher education institution in Flanders.
Find out more about the programme in our brochure!
- You will become a student at the University of Antwerp which means that you can use your student card to access the university facilities.
- You will be taught by the most experienced language teachers who will fully support you in your learning process and future in Antwerp.
- You can practise Dutch with your language buddy through Taalmaat.
- You will make friends for life during all kinds of cultural and social activities.
Alumna Paula shares her experience
To submit your application, you must meet a number of strict enrolment conditions. For example, you must have successfully completed high school and be proficient in English at an intermediate level.
Be sure to read our study guide in which we list all the admission requirements.
Info for Ukrainian nationals
For our admission purposes, all Ukrainian nationals will be considered as EEA nationals. You can apply until 31 August 2023 (instead of 1 March 2023).
The tuition fees payable will be equivalent to those for EEA nationals if you have temporary protection status at the time of enrollment.
Scholarships for refugees
A limited number of scholarships is available for refugees. The deadline for submitting your online application is 6 July 2023. You can read more about the conditions and the application procedure here.
Every year you can submit your application starting from November. Please keep the following deadlines in mind:
- Do you need a student visa? Start the visa process as soon as possible, and submit your application by 1 March 2023.
- Don’t need a student visa? Submit your application by August 31, 2023.
You can now submit your application for academic year 2023-2024. Please find the application forms below.
Would you like to receive reminders to submit your application a few times a year, or would you like to be notified of future start dates? Then subscribe to our newsletter below! You will only receive information about the Preparatory One-year Programme.