✔ A week-long series of presentations, debates and practical workshops focused on key challenges for Europe's inland navigation industry.
✔ An innovative forum for inland waterway professionals and students to broaden their industry expertise including field visits and informal activities.
✔ 25 – 29 May 2020
✔ 100% digital and online!
Why should you participate?
- Are you interested in the latest developments concerning inland navigation knowledge?
- Would you like to know more about inland shipping policy & regulation?
- Would you like to develop your inland navigation financing skills?
- Do you want to be informed about the latest developments in the field of inland waterway infrastructure?
- Are you are curious about sustainability & innovations in inland navigation?
- Is the future of inland navigation drawing your attention?
If so, don’t miss it and join us at the Antwerp Inland Navigation School.
The Antwerp Inland Navigation School programme covers a variety of topics. Themes vary from basic to in-depth inland navigation knowledge around market - process - vessels - infrastructure. Re-knowned speakers from European universities as well as international inland navigation businesses highlight topics, such as infrastructure, policy and regulations, financing, sustainability and innovative concepts and Future of Inland Navigation.
Inland Navigation industry experts – academics and high-level practitioners - discuss everything that academics or PhD students in inland navigation teaching and research as well as (aspiring) inland navigation professionals need to know:
- knowledge about infrastructure, operations, rolling stock, regulation, etc.
- considerations in inland navigation market analysis,
- inland navigation policy and its impacts,
- inland navigation pricing and regulation issues,
- inland navigation vessels and equipment,
- inland terminal development,
- sustainability and innovations.
and more core themes from the inland navigation industry.
You will be able to get to know your fellow professionals or academics during our informal networking breaks.
The current key aspects of the inland navigation industry are covered during the Antwerp Inland Navigation School. This is a great opportunity for seasoned professionals in the business to gain more in-depth knowledge, as well as for academics and PhD students who would like to gain advanced insight how inland navigation businesses work and what scientific methods can be applied and derived. During and in between the sessions, there will be many opportunities for networking. The course also values 6 ECTS credits for doctoral programs.
|Monday 25 May||Inland Navigation knowledge|
|Tuesday 26 May||Policy & regulation|
|Wednesday 27 May||Financing and Operations|
|Thursday 28 May||Sustainability and Innovations|
|Friday 29 May||Future of Inland Waterway Transport|
The Antwerp Inland Navigation School is hosted by TransportNET, the University of Antwerp's international network of transport research and training groups.
TransportNET, as composed of eight European transport research universities and institutes, features a long history in research and in teaching, both in inland navigation topics and in related markets and sectors. Read more about TransportNET.
The University of Antwerp’s roots go back to 1852. The university has about 20 000 students, which makes it the third largest university in Flanders. Read more about the University of Antwerp.