This three-day preparatory summer course helps you improve
the Academic English skills you will need in the Bachelor Social-Economic
Sciences. The course is a combination of live lessons and self-study activities
focusing on useful strategies, tips and tricks and practice. The course will also be livestreamed for students who can't attend the course on campus.
The course is a combination of four Academic English modules:
- Academic Reading: strategies to understand the main idea and the details of English formal and academic texts
- Academic Listening: strategies to understand the main idea and the details of English lectures and videos
- Academic Vocabulary: tips and tricks to help you understand and use English academic vocabulary
- Grammar Revision: theory and exercises related to typical grammar pitfalls
The modules focus on
- characteristics of Academic English
- examples of good practice
- tips and tricks to improve your skills and help you avoid pitfalls
- English language revision
- practice through online exercises and classroom activities
This course is free of charge and organised for students of the Bachelor of Social-Economic Sciences.
Registration is required. You can register for this course until 1 September 2021. If you want to register after this date, please send us an email (see contact details below).
In the registration form you can indicate whether you will follow the course on campus or online via livestream.
You will receive an email with the practical information a few days before the course.