This three-day preparatory summer course helps you improve
the Academic English skills you will need in the Bachelor Social-Economic
Sciences. The course is a combination of live lessons and self-study activities
focusing on useful strategies, tips and tricks and practice. The course will also be livestreamed for students who can't attend the course on campus.
The course is a combination of four Academic English modules:
- Academic Reading: strategies to understand the main idea and the details of English formal and academic texts
- Academic Listening: strategies to understand the main idea and the details of English lectures and videos
- Academic Vocabulary: tips and tricks to help you understand and use English academic vocabulary
- Grammar Revision: theory and exercises related to typical grammar pitfalls
The modules focus on
- characteristics of Academic English
- examples of good practice
- tips and tricks to improve your skills and help you avoid pitfalls
- English language revision
- practice through online exercises and classroom activities
Registrations are closed. This course took place from 8 - 10 September 2021.