Tom Vos, visiting professor with the Jean-Pierre Blumberg Chair at the University of Antwerp, will teach a series of workshops on corporate governance and short-termism. The workshops are all free and accessible to both students and practitioners. These workshops will be of an interactive nature, allowing for a debate (on campus or online). They will be taught in English.
- Wednesday 2 March 2022: share buybacks, dividends and investment
- Wednesday 9 March 2022: shareholder structure: insider and institutional ownership
- Wednesday 16 March 2022: hostile takeovers and takeover defenses
- Wednesday 23 March 2022: shareholder stewardship and ESG
- Wednesday 30 March 2022: shareholder activism (part I)
- Wednesday 20 April 2022: shareholder activism (part II – negotiation exercise)
- Wednesday 27 April 2022: executive compensation
- Wednesday 4 May 2022: multiple voting rights and loyalty voting rights
- Wednesday 11 May 2022: financial reporting and sustainability disclosures
- Wednesday 18 May 2022: the corporate purpose and benefit corporations.
- University of Antwerp
- Online (livestream).
Participation is free, but registration is required.
OVB, IBJ, Compliance officers FSMA (1 point/college hour).
Lawyers, in-house legal counsels, board members, investment bankers, investors, academics, and everyone interested in understanding corporate governance.
- A Covid Safe Ticket must be presented when present on campus.
- Wearing a face mask (surgical or FFP2) is mandatory as soon as you enter the campus.