The Institutional repository is an open access publication platform and search interface to find scientific output of the University of Antwerp. The repository is filled with items from the Academic Bibliography.
Open access policy University of Antwerp
Aims of the open access policy:
- To maximize the digital archiving of publications from 2014 onwards;
- To maximize compliancy with open acccess requirements of research funders;
- To maximize a consistent online availability of publications as far as permitted by copyright en license agreements.
This policy entails the obligation that from the 1st of October 2014 onwards, all UAntwerp authors have to add the pdf of the final author version or an open access publisher version when they register a peer reviewed publication via email@example.com.
The policy was approved by the Research Council on the 22nd of May and on the 10th of October by the Board of Administration.
What you can and cannot publish in open access format depends on copyright and license agreements. A survey of the opportunities can be retrieved using the Sherpa/Romeo database, e.g. 60% of all scientific journals offer the opportunity to publish the final draft (postprint) in a repository.
Some benefits with regard to repositories and/or open access:
• High visibility of the research (e.g. publications indexed by search robots and Google Scholar, uptake in scientific databases en catalogues and through a positive impact on the number of citations).
• Faster availability of research results
• Archiving of saved documents (long term conservation)
• Interoperability with Open Access guidelines of the European Commission and other funders
How to publish an open access version in IRUA?
Register your publication in the academic bibliography by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention explicitly that an open access version of the publication is attached. Possible versions are preprint, postprint or publisher’s version.
If the registration of an open access version is required by the funder (FWO/EC/ERC) explicitly mention the project number and acronym of the funder program (FP7, Horizon2020,..).
For more info consult the procedure (section library) (ua login needed)