The University of Antwerp hosts a broad expertise in the field of sustainability assessment, and more specifically in the field of life cycle assessment (LCA), techno-economic assessment (TEA) and ecodesign.
The expertise is focused on developing new assessment methodologies, as well as on quantitative and qualitative assessments of products, processes and policies.
*Techno-economic assessment (TEA) to foster the development of clean technologies
* Expertise in methodological components towards sustainability assessment: life cycle costing (LCC), life cycle analysis (LCA), combination and integration of economic and environmental metrics to assess sustainability
* Systemic innovations for circular materials
* Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of end-of-life materials processing
* Multi-objective optimization in support of sustainability driven decision making
Info: Pieter Billen
* Consequential and attributional LCA for construction materials, infrastructure works and buildings
* Environmental benefits by optimizing innovative road construction materials and processes
* Circular economy strategies in the building sector for products & systems on a building and district level
* Calculation of operational and external costs for different transport and logistics scenarios
* Analysis of the cost and revenue potential (operational and external) of innovations in transport and logistics
* Identification of success and failure factors of innovative initiatives for sustainability in transport and logistics