The participants of this workshop learn to communicate their research or project in a clear and convincing manner onto a presentation poster, tailored to their target audience.
Content of the workshop:
We will show you how to build up a strong scientific poster, step by step. A poster that is clear, that is actually being read by your audience and that adds value for both you and your audience.
What we will cover amongst other things:
- How do you get your audience’s attention? (Why should they listen to you?)
- Your poster pitch in one minute
- Your poster layout
- How to summarize a 30 page paper down to a single poster
- Examples of successful research posters
- Designing a poster and where to find good images
Prior to the workshop, participants will receive a short video course and a preparatory assignment. On the course date, an online workshop (10:00 - 12:00) will be followed by feedback sessions on the posters in the afternoon.
Currently no workshops for this course are planned in the 2nd semester. In case of interest, you can register on the waiting list of this course (via SisA).
Toon Verlinden (The Floor is yours)
Registration (waiting list):
Via Sisa Selfservice. Log in with your student account.