The participants of this workshop learn to communicate their research or project in a clear and convincing manner onto a presentation poster, tailored to their target audience.
Content of the workshop:
We will show you how to build up a strong scientific poster, step by step. A poster that is clear, that is actually being read by your audience and that adds value for both you and your audience.
What we will cover amongst other things:
- How do you get your audience’s attention? (Why should they listen to you?)
- Your poster pitch in one minute
- Your poster layout
- How to summarize a 30 page paper down to a single poster
- Examples of successful research posters
- Designing a poster and where to find good images
Prior to the workshop, participants will receive a short video course and a preparatory assignment. On the course date, an online workshop (10:00 - 12:00) will be followed by feedback sessions on the posters in the afternoon.