Did you know that experienced recruiters take one look at your application and in about 7 seconds decide if they will invite you for an interview? Shocking, right?
This means that your resume and cover letter should be structured, tailor-made for the position and organization and most of all, be a clear representation of who you are as a person. Why would they choose you, over more than 50 other applicants? How do you make the difference?
Then, after you hopefully get the good news of being invited for an interview: how do you prepare yourself for interview questions and how do you make sure that you leave a lasting impression?
In this job application training you will get lots of tips and tricks and advice from experienced recruiters and HR professionals. You will get an answer to your own specific questions and possible concerns about applying for a job (in all stages), whether you choose to pursue a career in higher education (academic career) or whether you want to explore more business like opportunities.
This training focuses on practical, hands on tools that you can get to work with right away. Also, you will get the chance to learn from each other: your own experiences as an applicant could be useful in the professional development of another trainee.
To make sure that our training is customized as much as possible, you'll be invited to send in some of your specific questions 2 weeks in advance.
Dates and location:
4 December 2023
9h00 - 13h00
Stadscampus - Building M - Room M.104
Language of the course:
Who are the trainers?
Astrid Van Doren
- Background in work & organizational psychology
- 9 years of experience in recruitment and selection
- Experience at UAntwerp (selection of ATP)
- Experience as a consultant in an employment agency (big companies and multinationals: Inbev, Umicore, Essers, Federal Mogul, Atlas Copco, Aquafin, Distrilog, …)
- Has read thousands of resumes and cover letters, and has interviewed over at least 500 candidates
- Background in Business Economics and Personnel Management
- +15 years of experience in different HR-roles: HR management trainee, HR Business Partner, evidence based Training & Coaching, HR consultant
- Working at UAntwerp as a Career Coach/ Trainer/ HR Policy Advisor
- Worked for different big companies and clients (BASF, Proximus, Arcelor Mittal, Axa, Lanxess, Covestro, …) in a variety of sectors (chemical industry, banking & insurance, telecom, government, …)
This training counts for 0,4 points
Via Sisa Self Service. Log in with your student account.Registration is possible as from 12 January 2023 and after you've been (re-)enrolled as a PhD student for 2022-2023.