Below you will find an overview of the courses which are organized by the Antwerp Doctoral School and offered free of charge to PhD researchers of the University of Antwerp. The courses are arranged per competence category.
In the navigation menu all courses can be found in alphabetical order. Which competences do you want to improve?
In the video (above) and at the bottom of this page you can find more information on how to enrol for ADS courses. When an ADS course is fully booked, you can add your name to the waiting list in SisA.
Please make sure to also read the regulations regarding participation in and cancellation of ADS courses.
A. Research skills and techniques
B. Adapting to research environment
D. Personal effectiveness
E. Communication skills
- Giving presentations in English
- Writing academic papers in English
- Communicating effectively in an academic context
- Snellezen (in Dutch)
- Speed reading (in English)
- Analytic Storytelling
- How to deal with media and journalists as a researcher
- Creating a scientific poster
- Connecting Communication
- Communication Skills Basics
- Creating visuals about your research
- Turning research data in powerful visuals
- The Art of Giving and Receiving feedback (New!)
F. Networking and teamworking
How to enrol?
- (Re)enrol as a PhD student for the academic year 2023-2024. This is possible as from 16 July 2023.
- Log on to the SisA Self-service with your student account.
- Confirm your privacy settings in SisA (under 'Tasks').
- Choose 'Study Program', next 'Enroll in courses', then 'Enroll by Model Path'.
For more detailed info, consult the manual on the Helpdesk or the tutorial video on top of this page.
- a spot becomes available following a cancellation by another participant in the course;
- an extra session of that course will be organized during the same semester.
PhD researchers on the waiting lists do not have priority to enrol for the next semester. However, the number of PhD researchers on the waiting lists will be taken into account when scheduling ADS courses for the next semester.
How to cancel your enrolment?
You can cancel your enrolment at the latest 2 weeks before the start of the course by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please carefully read the training offer regulations regarding attendance in ADS courses.
Synchronise your course timetable in SisA with your calendar
Did you know you can synchronise your course timetable in SisA with your usual calendar app? Changes to your timetable are automatically updated in your calendar app. How to set up synchronisation depends on the app you use. Find out more here, in the help desk for international students.