Below you will find an overview of the courses per competence category, organized by the Antwerp Doctoral School and offered free of charge to the PhD-candidates of UAntwerp.
In the navigation menu on the left of the page all courses can be found in alphabetical order. Which competences do you want to sharpen?
At the bottom of this page you can find out how to enrol for ADS courses. Please also read the regulations of the training offer regarding participation and cancellation of ADS courses!
- E-bronnen voor sociale en humane wetenschappen (in Dutch)
- E-sources for the exact sciences
- E-sources for the (bio)medical sciences
- E-sources for the social sciences & humanities
- E-sources for Law
- Excel: intermediate tips and tricks
- Excel: Database Management and PivotTables
- Excel: Data-analyses, Simulations and Statistic functions
- Creative Problem Solving (NEW!)
- Access : basis
Currently, no courses are included in the ADS training offer that can sharpen this competence. Examples of activities under this competence category are: supervision of a (Bachelor's or Master's) thesis, teaching, practical or educational supervision, active member councils/committees (see also the faculty PhD regulations).
- Giving presentations in English
- Writing academic papers in English
- Communicating effectively in an academic context
- Toegepaste communicatievaardigheden (in Dutch)
- Applied communication skills
- Snellezen (in Dutch)
- Analytic Storytelling
- How to deal with media and journalists as a researcher
- Creating a scientific poster (NEW!)
How to enrol?
(Re)enrol as a doctoral student for the academic year 2020-2021 (as from July 22nd 2020).
For more info: consult our manual "How to register for ADS courses".
When a course is fully booked, you can register on the waiting list. You will be contacted when a new course will be organized.
How to cancel your enrolment?
You can cancel your enrolment at the latest 3 weeks before the start of the course by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please carefully read the training offer regulations regarding attendance in ADS courses.