Below you will find an overview of the courses per competence category, organized by the Antwerp Doctoral School and offered free of charge to the PhD-candidates of UAntwerp.
In the navigation menu on the left of the page all courses can be found in alphabetical order. Which competences do you want to sharpen?
At the bottom of this page you can find out how to enrol for ADS courses. When an ADS course is fully booked, you can put your name on the waiting list in SisA.
Please also read the regulations of the training offer regarding participation and cancellation of ADS courses!
A. Research skills and techniques
B. Adapting to research environment
D. Personal effectiveness
E. Communication skills
- Giving presentations in English
- Writing academic papers in English
- Communicating effectively in an academic context
- Snellezen (in Dutch)
- Speed reading (in English)
- Analytic Storytelling
- How to deal with media and journalists as a researcher
- Creating a scientific poster
- Connecting Communication (New!)
- Communication Skills Basics (New!!)
- Creating visuals about your research (New!)
- Turning research data in powerful visuals (New!)
F. Networking and teamworking
How to enrol?
- (Re)enrol as a PhD student for the academic year 2022-2023. This is possible as from 15 July 2022.
- Log on to the Sisa Self Service with your student account.
- Confirm your privacy settings in SisA (under 'Tasks')
- Choose Study Program/Enroll in courses/Enroll by Model Path
For more detailed info: consult our manual "How to register for ADS courses".
PhD students on the waiting lists will be contacted if:
- a place becomes available again after a participant cancelled his/her registration to the course or
- an extra session of that course will be organized again during the same semester.
PhD candidates on the waiting list do not have priority to enroll for the next semester. The number of PhD students on the waiting lists will be taken into account when scheduling ADS courses for the next semester.
How to cancel your enrolment?
You can cancel your enrolment at the latest 2 weeks before the start of the course by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please carefully read the training offer regulations regarding attendance in ADS courses.