During this one-day interactive workshop we look at why receiving feedback is often so difficult, what exactly feedback does to your brain and how to deal with it. We will start from your own cases and translate scientific insights and new skills to your own professional environment and provide you with concrete tools for giving feedback.
After this training:
- You will know why giving and receiving feedback is sometimes difficult.
- You know that there is both a rational and an emotional aspect to feedback.
- You know the effect of feedback (both when receiving and giving).
- You know your own emotional triggers and know how to find ways around these triggers.
- You can apply some proactive concrete conversation techniques to your own cases.
- You can deal with the other party's reactions (re-actions).
Date and location:
Course HC04: 18 March 2024
9h00 - 16h30
Campus Middelheim - Building G - Room G.017
Course HC05: 17 May 2024
9h00 - 16h30
Stadscampus - Building R - Room R.Annexe 001
Language of the course:
Michel De Gieter (The Tipping Point)
This training counts for 0,6 points
Via Sisa Self Service. Log in with your student account.Registration is possible as from 5 September 2023 and after you've been (re-)enrolled as a PhD student for 2023-2024.