So there you are, (almost) the proud owner of a PhD degree and impatient to secure an interesting job outside of university walls. You’ve already spotted some relevant companies, organizations and specific job offers.
But, how do you convince people that you are not overspecialized and indeed ready for the real world? How can you make sure your cv stands out from all the other candidates’ in a positive way?
In this workshop you get the opportunity to tailor your own cv to a specific job offer and a specific company or organization. We discuss how to write an accompanying mail that will increase your chances of getting through the first quick selection round, and how you present your PhD as a strength instead of a handicap.
- The importance of a job application tailored to a specific job offer
- First feedback round on your cv
- How to analyse a job offer
- How to tailor your work experience, competences and personality to a job offer and shorten it to the right length
- Do’s and don’ts cv and accompanying mail
- Rewrite your cv and mail + final feedback round
Important: The workshop builds on an existing job offer that you are interested in.
Format of the online workshop :
- Preparatory assignment
- Online session of 2 x 2hrs.
- 1-on-1 discussion of assignment
Date and location:
This course is not scheduled in the first semester of 2022-2023
Ann De Ron
Language of the course:
This course counts for 0,3 points
via Sisa Self Service. Log in with your student account.